The global CAD (Computer Aided Design)/CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) dental systems market is forecast to reach $755m by 2017, recording a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8% between 2010-2017. CAD/CAM dental systems are used to fabricate accurate, superior quality dental prostheses, which have a aesthetic value. An increasing number of dental laboratories are adopting CAD/CAM dental systems, which combined with increasing demand for aesthetically superior dental restorations, is expected to contribute to the growth of the CAD/CAM dental systems market.
Improved Accuracy, Shorter Time Required and Superior Quality Exhibited by to Drive Dentist's Demand for CAD/CAM Dental Systems
CAD/CAM dental systems are used to fabricate accurate, superior quality dental prostheses in a short time. Prostheses made using CAD/CAM dental systems, fit perfectly to patients with negligible error, thereby reducing the likelihood of infection. The near perfect fit of CAD/CAM dental implants, means less manipulation of the surrounding soft tissue thus reducing patient trauma and resulting in faster recovery time. The remake rate with CAD/CAM dental systems is low, at 0.4- 1%, whereas with traditional methods the remake rate is high, due to the high human involvement in the various stages, including impression making, model and die pouring, and laboratory procedures.
This low remake rate shortens the overall procedure time. CAD/CAM dental systems use a variety of materials, such as ceramic, titanium, and alumina in the fabrication of prostheses. Ceramic restorations are superior in quality and have high aesthetic value. The Procera system by Nobel Biocare, allows for the production of abutments and crowns, using sintered alumina and zirconia. New innovative products are increasing the quality and accuracy of the restoration process. For instance, IPS Empress CAD is a glass ceramic intended for aesthetic tooth-borne restorations, designed with flexural strength of 160 MPa.
The US is a Major Market for CAD/CAM Dental Systems Contributing 41% towards the Global Revenue
The US accounted for 41% of the global CAD/CAM dental systems market in 2009 and is forecast to reach $292.6m in 2017, achieving a CAGR of 7% over the 2010-2017 period. The market will mainly be driven by rapid technological advancements in the field of CAD/CAM dentistry. All the major players in CAD/CAM dental systems have a presence in the US market. In the US, there is increasing demand for technologically advanced CAD/CAM dental systems, which make the dental restoration process more accurate, fast and user friendly. In the US, due to increasing awareness, dentists and dental laboratories have increasingly started to adopt CAD/CAM dental systems.
Sirona Dominates the Global CAD/CAM Dental Systems Market
Sirona dominated the global CAD/CAM dental systems market with a 58% market share in 2010. Sirona offers a complete CAD/CAM dental systems product line, which includes CEREC connect, a digital impression device, its inEos blue scanner, its inLab 3D V3.80 CAD software, and its inLab MC XL milling unit. Sirona diverts significant resources to research and development, in order to develop new products in the CAD/CAM dental systems segment. Sirona spent approximately $46m, $41m and $49m on research and development in 2010, 2009 and 2008 respectively. A strong product line in CAD/CAM dental systems, with constant product innovations, is the product of the company's research and development efforts. In 2003, the company launched its revolutionary product CEREC 3D, a 3D imaging system which has been updated periodically since. In 2009, the company launched its Bluecam technology based CEREC AC Digital Impression Unit. The CEREC AC Digital Impression Unit further strengthened the company's position in the CAD/CAM dental systems market.
This report provides key data, information and analysis on the global CAD/CAM dental systems market. The report provides market landscape, competitive landscape and market trends information on the CAD/CAM dental systems market. The report provides comprehensive information on the key trends affecting the market, and key analytical content on the market dynamics. The report also reviews the competitive landscape and technology offerings.
- Key geographies covered include the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, China, India, Australia, and Brazil.
- Key segments covered include Milling Units with Scanner, Scanner, Milling Units and Digital Impression Devices.
- Annualized market revenues data from 2003 to 2010, forecast forward for 7 years to 2017. Company shares data for 2010.
- Qualitative analysis of key market trends, market drivers, and restraints by each category within CAD/CAM dental systems market.
- The report also covers information on the leading market players, the competitive landscape, and the leading pipeline products and technologies.
- Key players covered include Sirona Dental Systems Inc., 3M ESPE, Straumann Holding AG, KaVo Dental Corporation and Dentsply International Inc.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends and developments that are driving the CAD/CAM dental systems market globally.
- Design and develop your product development, marketing and sales strategies.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies.
- Identify key players best positioned to take advantage of the emerging market opportunities.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products, most likely to ensure a robust return.
- What's the next big thing in the CAD/CAM dental systems market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
- Make more informed business decisions from the insightful and in-depth analysis of the global CAD/CAM dental systems market and the factors shaping it.
Click for report details: CAD/CAM Dental Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast to 2017